Saturday, July 21, 2018

Deep in Thought

I don’t know if you’ve ever had those moments where you find yourself just lost in thoughts all jumbled into one massive lump of crazy and wonder if someone were to read your mind right now, you might end up in the looney bin... can I say “looney bin”!?... but anyway.
I’m there. It’s past midnight, when most of my thoughts can run steadily by without interruption by a tiny human who needs a drink or their tooshie wiped or a book read or a conflict refereed. I’ve just finished my Scripture writing and journaling for the evening and my heart is so full! Like, the almost about to explode, full. Explode from joy or anguish, I don’t really know, but it’s full. I feel so blessed. Not lucky, blessed. Luck has nothing to do with it. Only God.
I’m on a journey right now where I’m searching Scripture for truth. You see, I believe the Word of God is truth. I believe I can have a problem and the answer to that problem can be found in Scripture. I believe it is God breathed. I believe the Word of God is relevant today and always. I hear all too often how “The world is not the same as it once was. Change happens and people change too.” And that IS apparent. However, no matter how different we are and different the world is...God IS NOT. He hasn’t changed. And I’m clinging to that. I’m teaching my children that. And I’m making sure you’re reminded of that as well.

No comments: