Tuesday, April 28, 2015

A Continual Conversation

Prayer should be a continual conversation with the Lord. Why do I start my prayer as if I'm writing a letter? When I spend an entire day in the room with my kids and try to start a new conversation, do I say "Hi .... , first I'd like to say...."? Of course not. I just spit it out. I have a friend, people (including myself) would consider her my bff, who I get to see mostly at church. On Sunday. Or Wednesday. Or an occasional Friday. And there are times we don't get to say "Hi!" We just continue talking to one another as if our conversation never ends. Shouldn't that be how it is with The One who is always with us? Always. With. Us. My conversations with Jesus are continual. I'm constantly asking for his direction on one matter or another, for his grace in situations where I don't see it, or in laughing with him at the antics of my children. Sometimes I get caught up in "appropriate prayer presentation" that I forget I'm not speaking with some magic genie in the air, but I'm in the presence of the Most High God and am talking to him as a friend, a Father, my first Love! So, next time I pray. Perhaps I need to be more aware of what I'm doing and not just the "how" to do it!

No comments: