Saturday, July 21, 2018

Long Short Update

I find myself coming back to this little blog thinking, "I totally need to update this online diary". I think it a lot. I just don't make time to do so. However, while looking up information on Columbus Day (AND finding it very difficult to get any real info and FACTS on the day) I felt the urge to document how stupid society has become. I've had a "check" in my spirit not to fume about the idiocy of our world so I will refrain...for the moment. Instead, I'm going to catch up on our family life.

We are now a family of SIX! We've moved to our first house. We love our neighborhood and our neighbors are pretty spectacular! Collin is in his fourth year of homeschool and doing well. Nicholas and Audrey are both in the works of pre-kindergarten activities. I'll start more "formal" schooling with Nicholas next year...probably. Living this life is quite amazing if you think about it. You can miss the bigger picture if you let yourself.

I took the kids to the zoo a couple weeks ago and we got to visit the zoo hospital, where they have a huge print of a flamingo probably with a vet. I had the kids start off by looking closely at the wall. It's made up of probably hundreds of little photographs that picture different animals. Next, I had them step back and look at the whole panel. Imagine their surprise when they saw the large image covering the wall! It was a perfect way to teach the children (and remind myself) how even though all we see is our own little story, it's part of a much bigger story that Christ has written out!


No comments: